- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Levittown, PA
- Category: Skilled Labor - Trades
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 05/19/2017
Blow Mold Machine Operator
The Blow Mold Machine Operator will operate blow-mold, grinders, trimmer machines and conveyor systems. They are responsible for troubleshooting process problems and performing minor maintenance to ensure continued operation of the production line. They are also responsible for following company's Manufacturing Practices.
Pay: $13-$15hr BOE
THIS IS NOT A MACHINIST POSITION, YOU MUST HAVE BLOW MOLDING EXPERIENCE.
Employee will be responsible for maximizing the productivity of the assigned line. Will Troubleshoot, minor repair and improve all process equipment of the line. May participate in the installation of new equipment and process improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintenance and operation of blow-molding and downstream equipment on assigned line.
- Work safely and promote safety culture in the plant
- Make process adjustments to product based on statistical data and product quality.
- Conduct periodic quality inspection of product and enter the data into Infinity
- Document all downtime and methods used to get the line operational again.
- Must perform the following duties: color changes, screen changes, make minor adjustments to the label basket, perform preventative maintenance on all line equipment, establish and document blender weights for set-up, make minor program changes, change filters in the vacuum system, clean mold and mold vents, replace air and water hoses, replace tabs on conveyors, clean vacuum on trimmer and light flamer unit.
- Relieve Packaging Specialists or other BMO or other labeler operators for breaks or during absence of other employees.
- Maintain open lines of communication with line workers to foster teamwork and proper understanding of responsibilities.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance activities as required.
- Follow all safety regulations and requirements.
- Train fellow employees as requested.
- Involve in facility continuous improvement activities. This includes lean manufacturing concept, safety improvement and 5S program.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Working knowledge of Electricity, hydraulics and pneumatics preferred.
- Knowledge of SPC (statistical process control)
- Knowledge of standard bolt sizing.
- Must be able to use standard and metric measuring equipment.
- Must possess basic troubleshooting skills.
- Valid drivers license- location is not public accessible.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years experience in a manufacturing environment.