- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Raritan, NJ
- Category: Admin - Clerical, Customer Service, Health Care
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 05/19/2017
Customer Service-Medical lab Assistant
National Reference Medical Lab in Raritan, NJ is seeking a Forensic Specimen Management - Customer Service Technician. This position is responsible for investigating and communicating to the client and resolving sample issues that arise during the Pre-Analytical Processes in the Forensic Lab.
Customer Service-Medical Lab Assistant Key Responsibilities Include:
* Review and work overdue and pending test report lists to resolve omissions and errors to allow for timely testing and reporting of results
* Works closely with the Processing (Accessioning) department on receipt of sample issues
* Makes outbound calls to clients regarding sample issues. Provides a clear and complete reason for the issue and answers various sample/testing questions to achieve outcomes.
* Recovers necessary information from clients via affidavits regarding test clarification, specimen identification, date of collection, collector signature, etc.
* Clearly documents all action items and their outcomes both manually and in applicable databases.
* Monitors group inbound/outbound emails and resolves within established turnaround times.
* Provides daily, weekly, and monthly trending reports as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
* Works with internal lab personnel, MROs, and other laboratories to monitor shipment and receipt of retest samples.
* Trained as a back-up for specific tasks within the Problem Resolution Department.
Customer Service-Medical Lab Assistant Required Skills and Qualifications:
* AA degree or equivalent education and experience.
* Previous client/customer service experience in medical support area or laboratory experience.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including written, verbal, and listening.
* Exceptional attention to detail.
* Strong multi-tasking and problem solving skills.
* Works well under pressure and deadlines.
* Ability to assist clients and empathize with their needs.
* Outstanding keyboarding skills with working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience.
* Knowledge of Forensic specimen processing