- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: Houston, TX
- Category: General Labor, Health Care, Warehouse
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 08/12/2017
Medical Lab Assistant
We are seeking a Medical Laboratory Assistant for our National Reference Medical Laboratory. This is an excellent entry level opportunity for recent medical training school or college graduates. Warehouse, package handlers, and light industrial experience a plus!
This is a contract to possible hire position!
Medical Lab Assistant hours: Monday-Friday 8am-430pm
Medical lab Assistant pay rate: 11.00 an hour
Medical Assistant - Medical Lab Assistant - Entry Level - Phlebotomist - Healthcare-Warehouse
Medical lab assistant Job Responsibilities
As a Medical Laboratory Assistant you will be responsible for packing and unpacking specimen. You will use tubes or slides to prepare the specimen.
Other responsibilities of the Medical Lab Assistant role include:
- Preparing all specimens received for testing in designated area
- Preparing excess specimen samples for storage
- Follow department protocols
- Filling laboratory tests and preparing orders for pick up
- Maintaining proper sterilization of equipment and sanitization of exam areas
- Keeping maintenance logs for equipment according to protocol
Medical Assistant - Medical Laboratory Assistant - Entry Level - Phlebotomist - Healthcare-Warehouse
Job RequirementsAs a Medical laboratory Assistant you must be a team oriented and motivated individual who is organized and pays close attention to details. You must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
Other requirements of the Lab Assistant role include:
Data entry skills
Experience packing and unpacking specimens
Knowledge of proper storage, may include refrigeration storage and retrieval
Experience using tubes or slides to prepare specimens
Must be able to submit a copy of High School, GED, or College Degree
Must be able to pass background check and drug screen
Medical Assistant – Medical Lab Assistant – Entry Level – Phlebotomist – Healthcare