- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Location: La Mirada, CA
- Category: Manufacturing
- Experience: 1 years
- Date Posted: 05/19/2017
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads and interprets blueprints and machine drawings to determine specific welding requirements.
- Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse, as specified by engineer.
- Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead positions.
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts and fills holes.
- Positions and clamps workpieces together or assembles them in jig or fixtures.
- Selects torch, torch tip, filler ford and flux, according to welding chart specifications or type and thickness of material.
- Tacks assemblies together.
- Chips off excess weld, slag, and spatter.
- Cleans or de-greases parts.
- Performs all necessary maintenance and repair on all equipment used in welding.
- Be able to move parts in and move finished product out of welding area.
- Ability to read and interpret documents furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality manuals and procedure manuals.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Ability to perform simple shop math, convert decimals to fractional equivalents.
- Ability to use weld fillet gauges to ensure proper weld size and interpret tolerances.
- Must be able to identify and measure material.
PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: hard hat when using bridge crane, welding helmet when welding, eye protection, safety shoes, protective clothing, and ear plugs.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB: Mig welder, plasma cutter, cutting torch, hand grinders, hand tools, measuring tools, belt sander, forklift, overhead hoist, bridge crane, steel saw horse, broom.
Job Requirements- Valid Authorization to work in the United States
• National Criminal Background Check
• Previous - Solid Warehouse, Forklift, Machine Operator, Shipping, & ect experience
• Ability to bend and lift 20-50 lbs; ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time; Strong attention to detail
• Must be able to prosper and be efficient in a fast paced production environment
• Strong Work Ethic
• Professional Demeanor
• Clear Work History Stability